Mt Blanc

Back in Chamonix and the Sun is shining again! Not fair on me though! The 3 precious days I had for climbing Mt Blanc had been miserable, weatherwise. Stormy wind, snow, rain, bad visibility! Perfect!
 
But I was succesful to reach just below the summit ( around 4600m), alone and on my own. The wind was 100km/hour and it was not safe to climb on that exposed last section any more. I was quite happy with myself that I went this far and came down safe. All the guided parties turned around from the dome de Gouter and I was not crazy or stupid enough to carry on. I think I still have not lost that sense. The sense to know when one should turn back. I think I still havent forgotten my limit! May be thats what keeping me alive..still!
 
I think looking back climbing the grand couloir to the Gouter hut alone and miserable, has been the highlight in this trip to Mt Blanc. I  learnt to be more composed ( at least while climbing) and patient.
 
I hope to write in detail and put some pix when I get back to India. But now I must get myself mentally prepared for the next part of my adventure.
 
Russia! Elbrus!!!
 
Tomorrow I have long journey to Frankfurt and then fly to Moscow.
 
I know theres a lot of adventure waiting.. a lot of learning too..

--
Adventure Mania
www.adventuremania.com
Real Adventure Journeys Across Himalaya
t:+91 97487 61139
m:+91 92305 11139

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Across The Sahara on a Bicycle

Trans Africa on a bicycle: solo: a tribute to H.W.Tilman

To the Mountains of the Moon: A Journey from Fiction to Facts