Ladakh Beckons

There is this restlessness back on my feet, back on my mind and soul. It happens. Always. Without fail. It has been happening to me since I was a kid. A kid with no concentration on syllabus and classrooms. A kid with distant, dreamy eyes lost in his own journeys in his own head. That restlessness has not left me. Not yet. I remember one night when a camping trip was canceled and I was depressed. I had to go pitch my tent in our backyard. Man, it gave some outlet. I just had to go outdoor! Literally! And so I kept on sleeping in a hammock ( and when it rained, I moved inside a 1960s Japanese ridge tent that belonged to my uncle).

Now that I manage to make a living out of the great Indian Outdoors; that restlessness has only increased. I want to see more, I want to learn more from whatever is out there.

Off to Spiti and Ladakh next week. This time I will be leading a German group over Parangla and finally to the Tso Mo Riri. From Delhi we will be driving to Manali and then to Kaza. Two long days on the road. After a days rest and acclimatization at kaza, we will be heading for the road head.

I am not yet fully organized regarding this trek. The Expedition to Peak Kellas in North Sikkim ( which is coming up right after I finish this trek) have been keeping me busy ( with all its paper works and babudome). Had to lose a fantastic opportuntiy to spend the weekend at Forest Rest House in Dooars as well. But I really have to put things together in the following days. Well, sacrifices made for greater cause and hope all will fall in to their respective places...in due course! Amen!!!
--
Adventure Mania
official website: www.adventuremania.com
Upcoming Trips blog: http://adventuremania-india.blogspot.com
Raja's personal blog:http://himalaya-raja.blogspot.com
Real Adventure Journeys Across Himalaya
Call Raja: +91 97487 61139
Optional Number :+91 92305 11139

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Across The Sahara on a Bicycle

Trans Africa on a bicycle: solo: a tribute to H.W.Tilman

To the Mountains of the Moon: A Journey from Fiction to Facts