questions asked but who is listening? swiss alps is on the horizon!

Sometimes its obvious; sometimes not! The question is whether I am a complete idiot or a partial one? I sometimes get confused myself. I commit myself to projects that are going to trouble me financially. I do expenditures that only increases my stress. I regret it; but never seem to learn from it. In the end of it all, simply blame it on my spirit of adventure! Thats easy.

It is true that I have always been inclined to dreaming; rather than calculating risk benefit ratio. I have been a dreamer, I still am and do not know where and how the end shall be.

But without my dreams where would I be today? I would be stuck in that same pharmaceutical sales job of course! But look at me, I have have travelled far corners of the planet, made friends, met many people, experienced culture , vast and varied and tasted the freedom of being in nature and the great outdoors. When I look at my climbing gears I find it amazing to believe that in past 7 years I have done 20 major Himalayan expeditions. It took my uncle Sujal Mukherjee 25 years to take part in some 30 montaineering expeditions. Some more summits in other continents and many unforgettable journeys.My travels have always enriched, inspired, fulfilled myself. And at the same my travels always increased my apetite for more. Wanderlust, I guess one could say!

But this passion costs me dearly and there comes a point when I ask myself if its rational? any more? No body sponsors an Indian individual mountaineer for his dream adventures. And why should anyone do that? In India we have got far more serious causes to spent money on! But can I stop this journey now? Or should I?I guess not!

Off to Swiss Alps...the Bernese Oberland in a few days. Here is a chance for me to climb some of the finest and famous peaks of Swiss Alps. Thanks to Alan Tees (President, Mountaineering Ireland), I can be part of their Summer Alpine meet. This will be in Innertkirchen (somewhere close to Luzern and Interlaken).http://www.mountaineering.ie/events/viewdetails.asp?ID=170

Thanks also to Hilde Wasserfall and Martin Muecke in Germany. Without their help I would be stuck in Munich and not see the alps! But you know..I do get by with a little help from my friends...don't we all?

"What would you think if I sang out of tune
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm going to try with a little help from my friends..."

Lennon/McCartney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Across The Sahara on a Bicycle

Trans Africa on a bicycle: solo: a tribute to H.W.Tilman

To the Mountains of the Moon: A Journey from Fiction to Facts