Pilgrimage to the Swiss Alps

In 48 hours I will be on my way to take part in the Summer Alpine Meet of Mountaineering Ireland (previuosly known as Mountaineering Council of Ireland) http://www.mountaineering.ie/ It is the National governing body for the sport of mountaineering in Ireland.
 
I have this rare privilage because of Alan Tees, President, Mountaineering Ireland. I owe this opportunity entirely to him. He is a prominent personality in the world of mountaineering and an active & prolific rock and ice climber. I am putting a couple of links to articles published in Sunday Journal on him:
 
The location of this Alpine Meet will give me an opportunity to attempt famous and formidable peaks such as the Eiger, Monch, Finsteraarhorn and Jungfrau. To climb the ridges, cols, aretes of any of these peaks is any alpinist's dream and I am fortunate enough to come  one step closer to that dream!
 
Following is a link to Wikipedia on Bernese Alps:
 
also attaching a map and some photos. These are taken from the net. In two weeks from now I will have my own photographs posted on this site! Now thats exciting!

--
Adventure Mania
official website: www.adventuremania.com
Upcoming Trips blog: http://adventuremania-india.blogspot.com
Raja's personal blog:http://himalaya-raja.blogspot.com
Real Adventure Journeys Across Himalaya
Call Raja:  +91 97487 61139
Optional Number :+91 92305 11139

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Across The Sahara on a Bicycle

Trans Africa on a bicycle: solo: a tribute to H.W.Tilman

To the Mountains of the Moon: A Journey from Fiction to Facts