Otoeb Africa- Now a Bengali Book based on my cycling across Africa


In 2012, I embarked on an inspired journey across Africa with my bicycle. I started off from the small town of Nanyuki in Kenya and finished pedaling in Walvis Bay, Namibia. 49 days on the road, 5 countries and 4500 kilometers later I realized that I have met the 'Real' Africa- its people. However the details of my journey can be found by visiting the following link : (http://himalaya-raja.blogspot.in/2012/09/trans-africa-on-bicycle-solo-tribute-to.html)


It truly was and still is the best journey of my life so far. Within the first few days of riding I had realized that this was going to be a very unique trip indeed. As I progressed I met people and made friends. Everyday, every place, every time, without fail I found friendship and unconditional help came in the form of food, shelter and even cash. They were always there when I needed one. The universal language of friendship prevailed.

During those days in Africa I used to send dispatches to Uttar Banga Sambad, a Bengali newspaper. Now nearly 2 years later those adventures, emotions, experiences have taken the shape of a book. It has been published by Uttar Publications Private Limited, Kolkata. The book is in Bengali.

Yes this is what the book looks like. I guess, this book can be described as a travelogue with an eye to history and culture based on a solo bicycle tourist's wanderings. 


The book will be available for sale in Stall number 193 in the upcoming International Kolkata Book Fair ( 28 January to 8 February, 2015).  

Alternatively one may collect the book from either one of the Publisher's offices at a discount of 20%.

1) CENTRAL KOLKATA
UTTAR BANGA SAMBAD
7 Old Court House Street
Mangalam B, 3rd Floor,
Opposite UBI Head Office
Kolkata 700001
Phone: 2210-1201/1820

2) SOUTH KOLKATA
UTTAR BANGA SAMBAD
14A Manohar Pukur Road
Kumud Building, 2nd Floor,
Near Jatin Das Park Metro Station
Kolkata 700026
Phone: 2454-3045


It is now available for mail order. Shipping is free within Kolkata. Shipping cost for Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa and rest of West Bengal is Rs. 20/ only. Shipping cost for rest of India is Rs. 40/ only. The price of the book is Rs. 100.

You are requested to follow the following steps to get your copy:

1- Deposit cash or make online payment ( along with applicable shipping cost) to the following bank account: 

UTTAR PUBLICATIONS PVT LTD
AXIS BANK, SILIGURI BRANCH
CURRENT A/C NO: 035010200009430
IFSC CODE: UTIB0000035

2- Email to ubs.accounts@outlook.com with ‘Otoeb Africa’ in the Subject line and attach the bank deposit slip or reference number. 

3- Mention your complete postal address and phone number in your email where you want the book shipped




Comments

Unish Rahaman said…
Can I get this book online?

Popular posts from this blog

Across The Sahara on a Bicycle

Trans Africa on a bicycle: solo: a tribute to H.W.Tilman

অচেনা মানুষের অকারণ কৈফিয়ৎ